Corporate social responsibility
In the resolution dated December 2, 2011 the Operations Committee has approved Policy and Strategy of the Corporate Social Responsibility. These documents define main trends of the Company activity contributing to the stable social development in the territory of the Project implementation.
In particular, priority orientations are as follows:
- Improvement of the environmental protection, health protection and industrial safety status
- Employees training and education
- Interaction with the indigenous Arctic ethnic groups
- Increase of Russian Content in the Project in compliance with the Russian Content Policy
Key elements of corporate social responsibility
- Observance of the human rights and labor standards
- Transparency and fighting corruption
- Interaction with the stakeholders
In line with its social development and personnel training program, Shtokman Development AG has been sponsoring the tuition of Teriberka's top school graduates at Murmansk State Technical University, looking to their future engagement in the Shtokman project.
In April 2010, schoolchildren in Teriberka village received a gift from Shtokman Development AG: 100 sets of warm winter sportswear for outdoor activities. With the support of Shtokman Development AG, the Saami Nature Protection Fund held a competition for production of the sportswear. It engaged Saami craftswomen to develop the design, the stylized Saami ornamentation giving an outstanding individual look to the sportswear.
Starting in May 2008, Shtokman Development AG arranged a number of meetings with members of the indigenous Northern minorities living in Murmansk Oblast. Their aim was to develop joint projects for preservation of their traditional way of life and culture.